I got such a nice surprise when I checked on the blog today; I have been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award! I think it’s a brilliant award which recognises new or less well known blogs who post interesting content and are dedicated to their blogs.
Now, I’m not entirely sure of how this works, so I’ll just follow the steps of the lovely blogger who nominated me; Kelly (Betty) from For The Love Of Baking (thank you!).
How it works:
- First, thank the blogger who nominated you by linking back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions posted by your nominator.
- Nominate at least 5 more blogs ensuring they have less than 200 followers and let them know they have been nominated.
Eleven facts about me:
1) I am currently 19 years old.
2) I study geoscience at university (which is basically looking at rocks all day).
3) I love boxer dogs.
4) My favourite movie is Beauty and the Beast.
5) If I won the lottery I would like to set up a bakery!
6) I’m addicted to cornflakes!
7) Elephants are my favourite animal.
8) I am a waitress (but I also bake and decorate cupcakes to sell in the restaurant!)
9) I’m scared of elevators (unless they are made of glass)
10) I have a wall full of postcards in my room.
11) My Dad wanted to name me Betty : ) but my Mum insisted on Eve.
1) If you could cook or bake one thing every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pitta bread (I’m a girl of simple foods!)
2) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
It gives a purpose to my passion for baking
3) What’s the best thing you’ve ever eaten?
My Mum’s cauliflower soup (it’s so tasty!)
4) I mentioned earlier that I find cooking/baking to be therapeutic. Do you feel the same?
Yes when it’s something I want to bake. No when it’s a re-bake of something that went wrong at 10pm at night!
5) What’s your favorite kitchen gadget/utensil?
My stack of plastic camping cereal bowls – I use them to measure out all the ingredients before I start baking!
(Some of these blogs may have more than 200 followers – not everyone has their number of followers on view!)
1) The Overeater – Great blog for food inspiration and food photography
2) I Love Jen’s Cupcakery – Jen is building up her cupcake dream the way I hope to – an inspirational lady!
3) Miki’s Kitchen – A great variety of recipes including a banana nut baked oatmeal I want to try
4) Dee Dee’s Kitchen Creations – I especially like the cheesecake filled strawberries idea
5) Pinned It, Did It, And… – I think this blog is a great idea – Meagan posts about recipes she has found on Pinterest and then tried herself
Now to those that I have nominated – I hope you have fun taking part in the Liebster Blog Award – it really is a great way to get your blog found and to discover new blogs to read!